Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: feeling scared

Thank you. Good luck today I will be thinking of you and hoping you are strong. The decision is already in your heart.
If he is totally against counceling because he says only people with problems go should I suggest it?
Hope all goes well with the attorney today. Good thoughts your way and prayers.

I stayed in a situation much like yours for over thirty years; now that I have survived the rigors of a divorce, I realize how much I gave up by living in my fear of divorce. I think my eyes were really opened when my grown son, a few months after my divorce stated, "Mom, I haven't seen you this happy since I was ten." Time does heal your hurt, but it still flairs up at times!!!! Think of yourself and ask, "When have I truly felt happy?"

Thanks for responding. I'm glad to hear your son sees how much happier you are and hope my kids will see the same.

I'm a year and a half into my divorce. I filed because like you my husband drank and cheated. I have threatened to leave him for years if he didn't straighten up his act and he never seen the need to. When I told him I was leaving for good he flipped! He had NO idea that I was serious all the times before. He is a child.
We have two young boys. And again like you I have never seen fit to tell them about their fathers behavior. Who want to tell their kids something like that?!
Well my STRONG advise to you it to tell your kids. Not about the affairs but about the hurt that he put on you. I didn't and my ex took my kids from me ( I took them to see him and he refused to give them back, filed custody and all) and he saw it fit to tell them what a horrible person I was for breaking up our family. He told them that he still loved me and that "Mommy has problems" See what I mean about him being a child!
It took me a long time to undo the damage he did when he lied to my kids. They are 6 and 9 why on earth would you tell them the things he told them! My oldest was very hurt and confused by everything but he also knows that I have never lied to him and that his father has. I am now in a position that I have to tell my son about certain things, because his father told him just what he wanted him to know...how poor daddy is a victim
My ex's childish move has cost my children a lot of pain. I have gotten past his hurt to me, but I will NEVER forgive him for hurting my children
I wish you the best of luck. If your ex is as much as a jerk as mine, your children will see through him. Even at a young age. Just remember to always tell your children the truth, not all details have to be mentioned but tell them the truth fit for their age. If you don't be prepared to do damage control from the things he tells them.