Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memories.........

What do you do when seizures took childhood memories and other memories away? When the only memories you can remember are of him and your 14 yrs. of marriage ? When he gets into relationships with other women and then calls them off and comes running back to you, to see if you can get it back together, if he still cares...time and again. Then takes you on a wonderful vacation, to only leave you again ? I want my life back, I want him back......

Re: Memories.........

I am new to this, but I think alot of us want back, what we thought we had, or how we imagined it could be. WE need to step back and really look at what it was. Why do we want a man who disrespects us, our beliefs, our chilren? Thinks only of himself? Or as i think in my case, was really incapable of truely loving or caring for anyone, including himself.

Re: Memories.........

So true, Kat. Sometimes we have to step back and take our rose-colored glasses off and realize who these men really are by their true actions. I never thought I would lose my love or respect for my husband (now ex), but when you really get a good look at them after your love has faded, you will know it was so not worth it....all the tears, the heartache, the rejected love, the disrespect, the coldness, the selfishness...etc....

The key is to take all that love and care that you feel for your husband and turn it back on to you and your children.... Where it REALLY counts.

Susan