Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to meet someone new

Once you are ready to date again, you will notice men noticing you.

What do men find most attractive in women? The same thing that women find attractive in a man. Confidence.

Put yourself out there where you can meet people--men and women and practice being more social. Make an effort to be the one who talks first when in line at the grocery store, or smile when you are at the bank. These nonverbal cues will let everyone know you are approachable. Practice becoming more social and confident and before you know it, you will be more confident. Make a goal for you to make new friends and get out and to do things that make you feel connected with other people. I had to reinvent myself and create new friendships when I was going through my divorce because I realized I had given up most of my friends when I was married. It was exciting to start over.

Fake it until you make it. You won't feel real confident at first but it will become easier and seem more natural. I did several coffee dates and the first few were horrible--I was so shy and tongue tied and self conscious but that is ok. I considered them practice dates.

Remember: divorce makes you pretty. So be prepared.
SAM

Re: How to meet someone new

Very well put & encouraging Sam
Confidence does beget attractiveness. I hope we all find love again but mostly a self deep love to never accept less then we all deserve!