Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advice?! Ha!

Ok...I had been married 10 years and with my ex for 15 years. I am 30 years old and have been divorced since March of this year. We have 3 kids. Ages 9, 7, and 4. I had known the marriage was over for about 3 years now. He was ok with our marriage and didn't want a divorce. he had been unfaithful numerous times and I didn't want to do it anymore. Plus, he was lazy! I was the one that went to college, got a job and paid all the bills. He is self-employed and claimed he'd have money "some day" About 1 1/2 years ago, I started to become close to one of my friends. Texting, chatting on etc. I told my husband I wanted a divorce 6 months later and we tried counseling. I asked him to get a job and such. He didn't seem to put forth any effort and I finally got a lawyer and filed for divorce. It was finalized in March and I started seeing someone, the same one I had been texting, etc. My ex and I still lived together and the end of May, he came home drunk and tried to rape me. I told my family and we decided it would be best for me to get out of that house! I moved in with my boyfriend, even though i didn't feel that that was 100% the right thing to do. I am madly in love and SO incredibly happy with him. He takes care of me in so many ways and I've never had that before. On the plus side, he would NEVER cheat!!!! And that is something that is really important to me. My kids are with me b/c it is the school year and they are having a really hard time. They had to switch schools. I think they would be fine, but their dad insists that they can go back to their old school. How do I deal with this?

Re: Advice?! Ha!

Just keep telling them how much you love them and that things will get better. My son just started a new school this year, he is 9, it was really hard on him the first week. But now that he is making new friends he is doing better. He still missed his old friends and some times he just cries that he want to move back to our old house but I just keep telling him that things can only get better from here on out.
They are young and will adjust. Thats the great thing about kid. Just keep positive.