Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
What should I do?

Ihave been with my bf for 4 and half years, and found out that I am pregnant after broke up with my bf for 3 days, but he was already with another girl. We got married in a month, and I discovered the existence of the girl after 2 months of marriage. He promised me to break up with her, but he did not until I show him the evidence that I know they are still together. He said he will change and break up with her, his behavior is better than before, but I can still tell that they are still in contact as they are in the same office. Now I am going to give birth, and 2 months has passed since I discover the affair, but he still asking me to give him time. I could not divorce with him now as according to the law here, we can only divorce after 3 years' marriage. It's so torturing that we still live together and I could not go out with friends and could not do anything crazy as I am pregnant. There is no support group around and I don't want to talk to friends about this as they cannot solve the problem either. I really want to talk to someone who has similar experiences with me, but could not find near by...

Re: What should I do?

I personally didn't go thru this but I had a friend who went thru something similar. The situation was so distressing that she almost had a miscarraige & then ended up having her daughter prematurely. Thankfully, the baby was fine & is now a beautiful, sweet, healthy child. The marraige, however, never fully recovered & after 5 years of trying 2 "get over" the hurt, the marraige ended brutally as my friend discovered how long the affair truly continued (years!).

My advice 2 u would be the same as to her. If he is really sorry & really serious about fulfilling his duties as a husband to u then he will agree 2 marraige counseling. In the meantime, u might want 2 consider living in seperate residences & allowing him time 2 work out his true feelings alone as u focus ur attention where it needs to be: on ur child. Eventhough u may not b able 2 divorce him right away, u can get a legal seperation. The longer u stay in the situation, the more u will have 2 lose in the long run.