Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Manipulating EX husband

I also have a manipulating ex husband who lost his custody related to drinking and driving with our children. Although I do allow him to see them it is on my terms. He does become angry and wants time alone with them . but i have to put my foot down. you have all the legal rights , he only gets 14 days. Do not sign the paper he has drafted. Its a ply to get you suckered into something he wants. Make sure to keep all the emails , text messages and any phone messages he leaves you or your daughter as this will help you in court. Document everytime he talks with you or your daughter. You do not have to give him more time than the court order states. Tell him he has gotten his time and will receive no more until the manipulation of you and your daughter stops. You are the one in control not him. Do not let him make you think he is. He wants his way and will do anything to get it. He will make you out to be the bad person. This is because you are the one with control and he knows it. He just wants you to think you are not. If you feel that 6 pm is to late tell him you will pick her up at what time you want . If he does not like it, then she does not go. Also tell him she should be allowed to talk to you and your family when she is with him or the phone call to her will stop when she is with you. If he continues to harrass her and you. Stop the phone calls now. Tell him when he can talk with you and your daughter without harrassment he will be able to call again. Beleive me I know how hard it is to stand your ground. I have had to do this many time,but it does work. It will get worse before it gets better but once he realizes he had no control he will start to come around to your way. I also agree you should contact an attorney and let your ex know that you are ready when ever he would like to take you to court. He wants to threaten you but he does not want to got to court. Just keep your documentation.It will help you in court.

Re: Manipulating EX husband

THANK YOU SO MUCH...