Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tired Folks.

I wish you a peaceful birthday. If you need to shut yourself off for the day tomorrow, just make sure you come back. I am sorry for your situation and your sadness and so many of us (if not all) can understand your feeling of despair. You'll come out of it, we all do, what is the alternative? My whole life I had feelings of abandonment and loneliness and I just can't seem to get away from it no matter how I try, I feel I keep going in circles. So I figure I haven't learned what I am supposed to yet, so the SAME situation (different details, same underlying theme) keeps recurring until I GET it. I've tried so much, I give of myself doing volunteer work, I care for others, do the best I can for my family, keep goals for myself and work towards them, never giving up...but there's something I am missing and I feel when I get it, things will change. So maybe you are stuck in this pattern too. You had mentioned you are spiritual (same here, I don't belong to any religion, but I do believe we are more than biological machines and that spirits/forces/angels/God are around us guiding us). It's like a bad phone line. We know we are being spoken to but just can't quite get the message. So whatever the reason, this HAD to happen because there is still something you simply must learn in your lifetime and you had gotten off track. This is what I believe in, it's what keeps me going when I want to just give up. I'll take some time to cry, to feel sorry for myself, and no shame in that! You feel sorry and compassionate when someone else is suffering, why not for yourself? But just as you would a friend, you would let them cry and be sad for a bit, but then encourage them to get back up and get back on with living their life. Whatever you do tomorrow, I wish you a peaceful and gentle day. And it's a special day! It's the first day of the rest of your life! Just like every other day, we can wake up and begin again, redefining ourself and modifying our actions along the way. Wow. Pretty amazing if you think about it. Have a good night.

Hope you have a wonderful Birthday.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. The kindness of strangers.

Didnt sleep much last night (sleep never been a problem), its raining and its miserable out.

Perfect.

Im going to the doctors today. Im googling suicide. So yes its time for help. If it werent for my son I think Id be gone. I just cant do it to him, i want this to stop. I just feel that the hurt is far more than Im able to cope with. I wont do it, I cant do it to my child but God knows I want to. My focus on anything and everything has gone.

How to go from rational, sensible to a complete liability.

Happy Birthday Abby. I'm praying for you also. If it is still raining out, think of it as a cleansing rain. I remember way back when I had one of those dark days where I felt so empty and hollow inside and just did not know what to do with myself...my whole world had changed and not for the best I had thought. It was a warm summer evening and still light out. It was pouring outside. I walked out my back door into my yard, not in view of anyone else, and I stood out there for about half an hour in the pouring rain just letting my tears run down my face and mingle with the rain as I looked up into the sky. I just let it all out to Christ and emptied my soul of all my sorrow. I know this may sound a little silly, but as it was raining I pictured God allowing all the angels to cry with me over this and that this was the rain pouring down on my body. I just let all that sorrow and hurt go and I gave it to Christ because I knew I could not bare it myself anymore. I can't explain exactly how I felt after that, coming into my home and just taking a warm shower and throwing on some comforting sleepwear for the night. Not to say I didn't have bad times after that throughout my divorce, but that was the day I was at my lowest and then that was the day that I was also at one of my highest. When you are so low and can't fall anymore....then you have to let go....You are in my prayers...give yourself a Birthday gift and LET IT GO

Susan

Thank you Susan, I pictured you standing there.
im glad you are recovering.

Thanks so much.