Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marriage going downhill!

I am a 32 year old women and my husband and we have no children together. For the past year and a half we have done nothing but make each each other miserable. We cannot go on any trips without arguing. I want out but I feel trapped due to finicial reasons. I work full time as a receptionist at a local doctors office and I am a full-time college student. We bought a home together approximately 3 months before we got married. I have found I am a much better person when I am not with my husband.I feel as though I cannot talk to anyone and I need help..Emotionally I am on a whirlwind. I still care about my husband but I no longer love him. I am looking for some advice.

Re: Marriage going downhill!

What are the arguments about? Have you tried counseling? How long have you been married? Can you focus on school? I was also in college at your age (and had 2 young kids) and mine made me miserable. I'd literally cry in the car on the commute to school and back. This was my time. Otherwise I had to have a strong front at school and then again at home for my kids. School saved me. It was a distraction, something empowering. My emotions were all over the place, but studying forced me to snap out of it and ground. How many more years do you have left? Is your husband educated? he might feel intimidated by your bettering yourself. Mine tried to sabotage me all the time. I never gave up even though I wanted to. Hang in there, turn your frustrations into studying energy. Did this start when you started school? He might feel scared you'll think you are better than him and he'll lose you, so his fears are coming out as his mean behavior. Stay strong and stay focused on your education. He probably has his own issues to deal with. For me , I am finally learning to put myself first. If he is strong enough to join me, fine. If not, also fine. Right now it's all up in the air but no matter what the outcome, I am staying my course. My heart goes out to you, I can completely relate to what you are going through. You have lots of people to talk to now, we will support you however we can.