Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Susan - Re: Thanks and hope for those of us struggling to let go

Thanks, Susan! It really is the beginning of deciding where I want to go now instead of spending each day reacting to his decisions. I even told my therapist today that I think the support I've gotten on this site is what helped me finally break through. Funny how we all think our pain is unique, but then to see the same exact story told by women I don't know, who don't know me? A real wake-up call!

Love,

Lori

Re: Thanks and hope for those of us struggling to let go

Lori,
It great that you are starting to let go. I have been divorced for 3 years. I have dated and almost got married again. BOY what was I thinking. But it does get easier as time passes to see them and to see them with others. I was like you at first and it hurt to see him with his girlfriend consideer he was dating her when we were married. But then I think He is not worth my time. He did not treat me well and cheated on me all the time and was an alcoholic on top of it. I know think who ever wants him can have him. He has been through several relationships and is one of these who do not care what she is. but they find him out in the end. I once read a quote and it is so very true. I may not have someone lying beside me at night but I do not have anyone lying to me. My life is so much happier now. I wish u the best.

london- re: Thanks and hope for those of us struggling to let go

I love that quote! I think it would sell really well as a framed piece or needlepoint pillow, don't you? :0) I'm so glad that women like you, who have been through this hell but aren't consumed by it, are still visiting this forum to offer support to those of us in the early stages of the process. Not to say that all the pain goes away, but I was really starting to think I would never be ok again! Thank you and I'm so glad you are happy!

london- re: Thanks and hope for those of us struggling to let go

I just hope I can help some of these women out. I really did not have anyone to talk to that had been through it. Dont get me wrong me family was great but I still felt like on was on my own. I wish you the best and beleive me once you start to realize you are worth more than what he gave you. You will feel free and be much happier. I wish you the best.

Re: Thanks and hope for those of us struggling to let go

THANK YOU, Lori...
I absolutely needed to hear this tonight...you have NO idea!!!!

Re: Adrienne - Thanks and hope for those of us struggling to let go

Adrienne,

Didn't see your post the other day -- so glad my words helped you. This forum and the wisdom and support from all of these women has been so helpful to me. Some days are easier than others, but I am on my way to peace. I hope you are too!

Love,

Lori