Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alone

Thank you, my life is so much better now. I was scared too. That is why I stayed for so long. I had been out of the work force for a few years, I quit my job after my second son was born and felt hopeless. At that time I didn't care, I just wanted out. I could not take it any more.
I had a great friend who allowed me to stay at his house while he was out of state. But I know if he wouldn't have let me stay at his house I would have gone to my mothers for a while.
I am working now. It's not much but its something. CHild support helps some. YOu can get APL if you leave. Which means that your hubby has to support you even if you are not together.
"JOINT BANK ACCOUNT"
(My ex drained our largest account with out telling me, so my advice to you...beat him to it) Sounds mean but let me tell you they will think nothing of doing it to you. Your the one with the kids so do what you have to do.

Get out while you are still young enoungh to start a new life for yourself. Find some one who loves you for who you are. I stuck in a mentally abusive marriage for 34 yrs. Now he is divorcing me! Wish it had happened when I was younger. But we were taught you get married, you stay married. He is gone now, and I dont miss him at all. The divorce process is no fun at all, but I am hoping to be so much better when it is over. Money or no money, I will have some self respect. Good luck

I stayed for 36 years. The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans saved my life. I recommend it to everyone. Verbal abuse is rampant on the planet..abusers RARELY change, and so you have to figure out what you want; take steps to get there; get into therapy (alone).....Hugs, Allison

I want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my post, it has helped me more then you can ever imagine. @ Allison, thanks for the book recommendation I will run out and buy it today, and thanks for the hug, even if it was only through the internet, I can't even begin to count the times I have cried wishing there was someone there to hug me and tell me it will be alright.