Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my family went with my ex husband

Sadly most of my close family worked in a business that my ex I built together. He cheated 4x, found out about one due to STD and HPV; he also cheated financially. I gave up everything, went into depression, PTSD, OCD etc. etc.
Since my separation 3 years ago all the Holiday festivities that were at home are dono, no more, my family invites my ex and the last mistress and I'm left alone, but I have a 7 year old child!

I feel so lonely, confused, sad etc. etc. my family wants me to accept the "girlfriend" because they started the relationship 2 months after he left my house, but was wearing his wedding band for months after he left my house.

My kids birthday is coming up and I don't know what to do! my family is no longet my family...

Thanks!

Re: my family went with my ex husband

((HUGS)) I know how you feel. I walked into the court house and seen a close family member (of mine) standing next to my ex ready to testify against me...broke my heart. I used to watch his little girl all the time (were talking 16 hours while he worked), when I had told him about my ex and the gun issue he was the one who told me "Call any time I'll be there. Family sticks together"
It is up to you how you deal with it, me...I no longer think of this person as family, but it doesn't mean it hurts any less.

I for one would not be so excepting of my ex being at family dinners and such, but then it would make for an interesting time with my Daddy and my brother there too

Re: my family went with my ex husband

OMG its bad enough for my ex's family whom i catered to and put up with their cruelty to turn against me when my husband cheated and left us, but to have someone in my family do that would be just horrible! I dont get it. my heart goes out to you, hang in there!