Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
View Entire Thread
Re: please help

I live in the UK, I am British but my ex is South African, I have gone to the CSA to claim child support and asked what could happen if my ex just returned to SA. They told me about an agency called REMO. I was told that this is an international agreement betwen countries for fathers who run home leaving children. They apparently have the power to enforce CSA rules in whichever counrty, so payments are still made.
So I know there are things in place for this, just check a bit deeper to see what is relevant to your country.

Sorry I just re-read your query and you never actually mentioned children. Hmmm. There will be a way to find out, take Sues advice ask your solicitor.
Ill leave the info up just in case its helpful to others.