Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Attorneys

I live in Tallahassee Fl., four years ago I went through a divorce, my attorney Ed W.Horan saw a payday coming. We had a 300,000 house however, I had been a stay at home mother for 12 years and had no income and my ex had taken every dime we had, leaving me penniless....Mr. Horan had me sign an agreement that he would represent me and his fees would come from the sell of our home. Let me tell you he bilked me good...he stayed in constant contact with the realator and I paid for his contact with her as well..as soon as the house sold he made sure that they cut him his fees before I got any money out of the house!!! Also never once did he ask the court for my ex husband to pay my attorneys fees as he told me he would do. That house money was the only money I got out of an 18 year marriage...little did I know, and of course Mr. Horan did not advise me that I could have gone to legal aide services and gotten an attorney for free...my girlfriend who ended up in the same situation did just that and got a much better divorce settlement and did not have an attorney suck her dry. My advise is never trust an attorney...always apply for legal aide first!!