Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: anyone dating or in a relationship during all of this

Thank You Summer. I have know this man for over 4 years. He knew both me and my ex. I never really thought that I would ever actually date...it just happened. He had called one night to talk to my ex and I told him about us splitting. He has been very kind to me. he never expected anything more than friendship from me. I have to admit I like dating. Maybe I'm weird but I like having that feeling in the pit of my stomach when I am going to see him, not that sick feeling of HAVING to see him ( lol)
Every one handles it different I guess. A friend of mine will be divorced for 3 years now ad she still "morns" her marriage.
I'm happy with the new relationship, but the hurt from my marriage still haunts me from time to time.

Re: anyone dating or in a relationship during all of this

Everyone seems to be light years ahead of me in their attitudes. I will never again put myself in a position to be hurt. I'll never even go out for coffee with another man. Wow! Writing this makes me see how guarded I am. I guess I need to soften up. I just don't want to go through this again.