Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need restraining order

His verbal abuse has left you in fear that he will get physical with you. In your relationship before, did he physically intimidate you by getting up in your face, or pushing you? (hint)

Don't mention the visitation angle at all, just him screaming at you on the phone.

Do you truly feel threatened by him? Are you doing this for revenge? I think if you really (and I mean HONESTLY) feel that he might hurt you or your daughter, you should be able to get help. But if this is more about getting back at him, think CAREFULLY. If he is good to your daughter, then put her first. Love her more than you hate him. My 'husband' won't leave my house. He literally treats us as though we don't exist. I have a teenage son and preteen daughter. I WISH he would acknowledge their presence, their existence. My son is older and dealing with it, but my poor daughter still suffers. She is sweet, funny, smart, and happy, but I see the pain in her eyes (behind her brave face) when he shows up at my house and doesn't even speak to her. I worry as she gets older she will seek male attention, even the negative kind. If your daughter can have a relationship with her dad, that's best for her as long as it's loving and healthy and safe. (Even if you can't stand the guy). Just please be careful, don't bend the truth. If he is a danger, take whatever measures you need to to keep safe. If not, keep the peace. For your daughter's sake.

Think long and hard before you do anything. I did not allow my ex visitation because he moved and I had NO IDEA where he was living...I took him to court and now I OWE him make up days. The judge did not like my "self help" route. He broke custody orders the entire time se have been apart but I have to just deal with it.
If you are truly scared then get a PFA but if you are doing it because you are mad remember it could bit you in the butt.
Best of Luck to you

Hannah,

ask yourself what is best for your daughter, irrelelvant of the money.
If I stopped conatact linked to child support my son would be asking for a photo to recognise his dad. However my son loves his dad to bits. Contact has been maintained (except a short blip where it was needed to ensure the wellbeing of my child). I wouldnt want to lose that bond for my childs sake. Though it would certainly make my life easier!