Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
20 years

Finally after 20 years of my crazy roller coaster ride marriage, I think I am strong enough to leave my husband. I have tolerated his verbal and emotional abuse all this time and I still don't understand why I've done it. I have four kids and it seems like once I started standing up for myself, he started to pick on the kids. I cannot stand by and watch that happen so I have been looking for a place to live and a good counselor. Even though I feel strong right now I know I am going to have moments of weakness. I do not want to come back to this. Twelve years ago my father in law died and because my husband co-signed a couple of loans for his parents we had to assume the debt. We sold our house and everything we owned and moved into his parents house with his mother. This has been difficult to say the least. She tries to drive a wedge between us every chance she gets and I think the bottom line is now that all the bills are paid she wants me out of this house! The two of them even talk about it in front of my kids. My son was crying tonight and says he doesn't want to leave and doesn't want his dad and I to get a divorce. I am not sure how to handle this. I just keep telling him this is something mommy and daddy will work out not his worry. UGH! I just need to find a decent place to live in and one where they can take their pets.

Re: 20 years

Sorry to hear of your troubles Denise!
I feel your pain.
I hope you get some place to stay. I wish I had the right words for you to tell your children but I don't. Do the best you can to keep them out of it as you indicated.

I wish the best for you and yours.

Take care all
CR