Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
divorce

ok, so me and the sob split up in april 2008, and have not spoken nor seen each other since then...just received papers from a copp from him for divorce. No idea of policy and procedures on divorce, what do I do now? summons says something about 20 days??? What am I suppose to be doing at this point with this summons?

I need help and advise so the sob doesn't stick it to me again!!!

Re: divorce

DO NOT go thru this without an attorney!!!! My ex lied about hidden income, stole items from the house by hiring a professional thief and called the police to get me in trouble, when I minded my own business.
MEN ARE VICIOUS IN DIVORCE, MANY. If your ex was emotional/immature or angry then move out of your apartment and seek family support. Get a lawyer to handle everything. I was abused because I didnt have the money til too late in the game! Do NOT trust or expect kindness from him. Also, do not contact him at all. Men will use this against you. Sever all financial ties immediately--beneficiary info, insurance etc. God bless

Re: divorce

RUN to an attorney. Get one that specializes in divorce. I've fired one, interviewed a couple of others and have finally found one that is doing the job for me. I'm having to pay more to get the job done right, though.