Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My husband want to adopt my son, will this change his amount of child support he owe's to his ex

No child support would not be affected. His kid was there before he took on another so therefore his kid comes first. That is in any state. Think about it. You are letting off one guy to not pay at all and expect his kid to do without.

Re: My husband want to adopt my son, will this change his amount of child support he owe's to his ex

Dear MOM of three..
I would NEVER expect him to leave his previous children behind.. IN fact I am way more of a mom to his previous children than their biological mother!~ They come to our house FILTHY, with FILTHY clothes in their suitcases. I bath them, make sure they are in cute clean clothes, take them to DR. apts, Dentist apts. I go to most of their school programs BY MYSELF because their dad has to work 3, yes I said 3 jobs to support them. I also work full time, their mother works 3 hours a day and we pay over 1,00.00 In child support a month!! I think you are on the WRONG chat line forum.

I did not say you did not do anything. I have been on both ends. My daughter was adopted by my ex. But you must understand that child support is written to be based on income of the parents and then split on a fair basis. You cannot have him take on your child in hopes of paying less. You can go to court and show how much you do and get it lowered. But his child was there first. I am not saying this to be mean. it is just a fact. I think it is good that he wants to adopt your child as all kids need a dad and not a father per say. My daughters father told the courts he could not pay his full child support because he had another child and he was arrested on the spot. the judge told him not to come to her courtroom and say something stupid like that. her words were this child came first and your second is your problem. Sorry i came off bad just letting you know the facts.