Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what can i do

So I filed for divorce...my stbx of 15 long years left. He is 38. Found out he is living with a 25 yr. old stripper. She has 4 felony and 2 misdemeanors. These range from larceny...cocaine...armed robbery..assult with a deadly weapon...and an arson charge that I think was dropped. He has tested positive for cocaine. This weekend will be the first weekend that he will have my daughters since he moved in with her. Do I have any legal rights to not let my kids be around this winner?

Re: what can i do

Wow!

I don't know your rights over there but I stopped contact for a while and when I reinstated it there were conditions included. These were; no alcohol and no contact with his g/f (if they both drink they are incapable of caring for my son).
I have got to say I would be astounded if you had no legal rights to stop this contact (or at least have supervised contact with provisions). Id fight tooth and nail on moral and safety grounds.
Please let us know. Good luck.

Oh, man, Jen! I feel for you. In live in SD. I know that I can stop visits if my stbx is intoxicated, so I would think a positive for coc for him would certainly give you some rights, if nothing else does. Run to your attorney. I always read how the state is looking out for the best interests of MY children. Really? I can do that-and so could you- if the government would just let us parent! Let us know what you find out.

YES! You have every right to fight for you child's safety I fought and my kid's are not allowed around ex's gf alone for more than a few hours. I may not seem like much but it is enough that I have the control there. You have the right take him to court and make it so that he take a drug test on demand. they have home kits. If my ex even remotely smells like beer I have the right to stop visits. But you have to do this the right way, go through the courts. If you take matter into your own hands you will lose.