Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Want divorce but don't know how

Lisa

I had taken loans out while my stbx was living with me. I got my associates, but I have an $18,000 college loan to pay for now and I dont have my stbx's income to pay for it. Hopefully I can get some money for it in the divorce settlement if he ever files for divorce. But when he moved out, I got financial aid for the last semester of school. So if you are not living with your husband, you should be able to get financial aid too.

Re: Want divorce but don't know how

"I am still the mother AND father, do handy-man work around my house, and make every decision: I really feel like the only thing he does is make money, which is big because I can't make any."

That was and is my life. I was inferior because i could not make as much money as he did. He doesnt have a degree and barely made it thru high school, but being a man, he can get labor work that pays. I have my associates degree now but still can't get a good paying job. I need to go for my bachelors, but have been putting it off because I want to find a job and dont know if i can handle both. I did classes online for my associates (mainly because he would have never let me leave the house for classes). I am debating now whether to continue online or go to classes. Problem I have is that the only time i can go to class is during the day when kids are in school, but I will be back at work at least by January, so i wont be able to take day classes then. I could go back to online college, but I worry if a bachelors from an online college will be good enough to get a better paying job.