Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Abbey

Lisa,

Your thoughts ditto mine. I would do it all ovr again because I have been blessed with 2 great kids-I'd have ended it sooner, though How old are your boys?

9 and 6. They fight, they mouth, they make mess after mess after mess..they drive me NUTS! But I wouldn't have it any other way.
When they come to me crying, smiling or are just plain being brats I LOVE being their Mommy.
How old are yours?

Lisa, mine are 11 and 8. I love every minute of being a Mommy as well. And yes, that pretty well describes my household, except you didn't include when they're fighting! Geez!

hey Lisa,

mad dash reply till i can get some time, i just quickly popped in here.
I am ASTOUNDED that a judge could take it upon herself to assess the psychological wellbeing of your ex!!!!!!!!!!! Unless this judge is a trained psychologist in her spare time????

Im fuming at the gall. And if something went wrong (God forbid) but who the heck would be accountable?? In my opinion it would be sitting in the judges lap.

Ill get back when ive more time but honest, I cant believe it!
The safety of our children sometimes lies in the hands of complete idiots.

Im glad you had that talk and yes document and record it all, even if it drives your doctor nuts keep taking him back.

Be back later.

Re: Abbey/or anyone :)

Abbey I myself was beyond shocked! I went into the court room very confident. I have EVERY document I needed to prove 1) he was unstable 2) he was threatening me and 3) his anger issues I walked out in disbelief that a judge ( a woman none the less) would just throw out everything I had and give him what he wanted. The first judge that heard the case had supervised visitations with counseling as an ORDER. But his lady just threw it all out.
During the end of our trial when you are asked if you have anything to add I think I blew it with this woman from here on out because I flat out told her how I felt. I just stated the truth. " When my ex goes off the deep end like the mental health doctor from the clinic thinks he will they can call you as a character witness for him since he is 'so' sane in your eyes"
Yeah my attorney said I really shouldn't have done that but I just told him that maybe he could defend my ex if he though I was wrong. I have HAD it with the system here it is so unfair.
It is just going down hill. THis weekend my son came back sick again. My ex was yelling at me for not taking him to the dr this past week. My son WAS NOT SICK ALL WEEK except for Tuesday when he talked to his Dad. I asked my son what was going on and he told me he was upset because Daddy got rid of his ferret this weekend. The girls didn't want to take care of it so OW told my ex it had to go. Well dipsh*it shouldn't have gotten my son a ferret or any other pet at his house unless HE was going to take care of it. Also he promised my son that they would finally get his dirt bike painted and put back together this weekend and of course again OW didn't want to stay at his mother so that they could get it done they didn't. It is just another example of how he puts OW and her kids first. Heck he and OW dropped my kids off at my ex's mother and went shopping. like he can't go any other time. HE has his kids 6 days a month and he leaves them and goes Christmas shopping?!? UGH It is never going to end with this man! My poor son is so confused and so hurt I don't even know where to begin on how much I HATE my ex for doing this to him. I wish he would either GROW UP or GO AWAY so that I can raise my son in a happy solid loving household.

Firstly Lisa Im sorry Im intermittant. Trouble with internet at house.

That was pretty awful getting rid of your sons ferret. Im not surprised you are furious I would be too. Sometimes Lisa all we can do is damage limitation. No contact could be a worse outcome then coping with what happens now. As a mum how do we stand by and watch hurtful things happen. The truth is we can not shield our children from every hurt and in one way it strengthens our children and helps them in later life to cope with the challenges we all have to face at some point. Cold comfort I know. You are doing what you can and thats all you can do.
Our children do not remain children and they will one day want answers of their own when they are able to understand as adults. THIS happens time and time again.

Keep recording with the gp the stomache aches. Keep talking to your son, the worst I imagine is having to deal with your own pain because nothing hurts more than seeing our children hurt.

Let me know how things go, I will certainly pop by when Im able. I know this much Lisa, that when children have at least one other trusted person in their life, they can cope with anything.

Thank You Abbey. I guess I just have to do the best I can. I played both mother and father when I was married and guess it's still my job :(
No belly aches since his last visit with Dad..one good thing, Dad called and told me he couldn't take him this coming weekend...why he didn't ask for them Friday I don't know and really don't care. This gives me more time to really see how my son acts here vs there.