Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how do I go on?

Help me is what I pray each day! I have just left my husband of 26 years after being verbally abused for years. I am a cancer survivor and now this! I know that hte Lord will be there for me but I just have so many emotions. How do I tell myself that I and worth something.

Re: how do I go on?

What we all really need is someone who has gone through all of this and is in a position to help us get our credit back on track and purchase housing or other eccentials to help us on our way! Where are you!!!!!!!!!!!

You are worth something! You believe in God, right? You are worth so much to Him! But it seems that years of verbal abuse has taken its toll on you. I think many of us can understand how you feel, you hear something long enough, you start to believe it. But dont believe it, it was his way of controlling you. Yes you will feel all these emotions, its natural, we all feel them here right along with you. Just think, the Lord got you through the cancer, He will get you through this.
Faith in God is a wonderful thing and I couldnt live without it. But being in a divorce/separation situation makes us question ourselves.. how many times have we heard that God frowns on divorce. Sometimes i think I am disobeying God by going through with all of this. I guess that is why i stayed for so many years, it wasn't until he cheated that i wanted out for good. I would have worked on the marriage as much as i could if he didnt cheat. I even was going to if he left the OW. I still dont know if it is wrong or right., i believed in my vows. that is the emotion roller coaster i am on. Its not that i want him back, its if I am doing the right thing.
Do you feel like you are not worth anything without your husband? No one should ever feel like that. I am sure that is exactly what he wants you to believe (my stbx always said that to me). Don't let him win. I dont know your whole situation, all i noticed is that you feel like you werent worth anything and I had to post back to you cause i cant stand to see someone say that about themselves. Everyone is worth something!

Just take it one day at a time. Even one minute at a time when it's really getting to you.
Remember that God wants you to be happy. Hang onto that thought and it will happen.

One day at a time...some days...one moment at a time. Also...pray, pray, pray for strength and courage to stand tall and believe in yourself. I too am a cancer survivor and my husband had also been verbally abusive, emotionally controlling and manipulative. I actually filed for divorce a year ago, after 20 years of begging to go to counseling. It was only AFTER I filed, that he "deemed" it necessary to go to counseling. I reluctantly agreed for the kids sake, but quite honestly, I was already done. My dilema comes because something inside me shut down a few weeks before I filed for divorce. Although my husband has shown change and improvement, I get paniced when I try to let my guard down. I now feel guilty for still wanting a divorce, but I just don't see myself being happy with him. I've done some major processing and am no longer angry at him...I just don't love or respect him any longer. How can you even have the will to work on something that you cannot invision?

Anyways...I can totally relate to your situation. Stand strong! You are worth EVERYTHING!

Ladies,thanks so much for the words of encouragement I really need to know that I am not the only one feeling the way that I do. This morning is a good day! I feel strong and have a positive outlook but later the feeling s will change and that's when i don't know if I am doing the right thing by seeking a divorce. My children said they will respect any decision that I make because they want me happy. I know that I will not lose my children's love because they seen what happen throughout the years.
Lord help me and guide me to make the right decision and let me finally be happy. I have invited god into my life a long time ago and he has never let me down but sometimes I get a little scared.

Hi. am just browsing through to se anything for my own problems...one thing on the male species--They are NOT emotional! Thats why they can do this so easily, and then twist it to be that YOU are the on eat fault. At least you recognized the reality--Im still i denial, esp. when confronted and he lies to my face. Be strong-keep yur emotions in check-find things to keep the mind occupied, and hopefully the time goes quickly. Mary

I'm struggling also with how to move on.
There are so many things to do as to paperwork & dealing with the necessities post divorce. However, I am caught in trying to figure out if it is ok to date or not, interpretation of Matthew as to divorce & remarriage. My ex cheated on me, he wanted the divorce.
I've read so much in regards to this & there are many opinions & seeming interpretations as to scripture.
My only sure conclusion at present is, "God Hates Divorce," & it seems from our posts, there is a reason for it. It's not the natural order of things.

I am praying for you, poster, & all of us!