Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is anyone else still living in same house with Soon To Be Ex?

I filed in July and he is dragging his feet, taking forever to do any of the things he needs to do to get on with the divorce. We have been living in the same house through all this.
Oddly enough, we get along better now than we did through all the carp that happened leading up to this point (other woman). The only time we start yelling at eachother is when "she" (it!) comes up or when either his lawyer or mine does something the other doesn't like; Such as his lawyer put in the settlement that he gets my checking account. I went balistic over that one!

Any one else still living in same house during the divorce process?

Re: Is anyone else still living in same house with Soon To Be Ex?

We were living together during our seperation and he was dragging his heels and would not move out. I eventually decided that I would look for somewhere after 4 months of waiting for him.

Our relationship had not been good since our daughter was born 4 years ago. But he was enjoying the benefits of my salary and abusing me so had not intention of moving on.

It was so hard being there together but agree that it was almost easier within the relationship after decision was made to move on.

I have now moved out and have my own place but still find it hard. I feel I am on a rollercoaster of feelings right now and as I continually see my ex due to working in the same office and sharing our daughter it makes it more difficult.

I guess we have to stick in there. But it is so hard sometimes

Debs, that's one of the things I worry about when I move out - my emotions. I feel that right now I'm emotionally strong, but wonder how I'll feel when the time actually comes.
My STBX has also been dragging his feet. He didn't respond to the filing until 25 days after, recently didn't open an envelope from his attorney for over a week, etc.
You're right about just haning in. Not much else we can do.

hellooooooo vicky.9871@gmail.com contact me

I allowed the x to live in my house for 4 years AFTER the divorce.