Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Changes after miltary duty??? Does this play a part?

I notice a change when my husband came back from active duty. We were called soldiers and told to man up. He gave orders and said I didn't measure up. He began drinking and saying that I didn't understand what was required of him while he was deployed. I begged him to get help but then he said it was me who needed help. He woudl sit and cry over what I don't know. Nothing pleased his and i was always the target, me and the children.Said I could get him in trouble if I told anyone! Became very mean and distant. Can anyone relate and could the miltary be held accountable because he was not ordered to be debriefed? Who could I contact about this?

Re: Changes after miltary duty??? Does this play a part?

I am a veteran (Women's Army Corps)....he definitely needs help. you can contact his Commanding Officer (although if your husband finds out, he will be enraged); this is a delicate situation.

Re: Changes after miltary duty??? Does this play a part?

He has retired and now I am out of the house. I know that he needs help but he feels everyone else is to blame! He would sit and cry and talk about the things that happen while he was deployed. He also would drink and drink and drink and never eat. He would become enraged and blame everything on me. And as quick as he became enraged he would calm down and tell me sweet nothings. I know that things happened but when he came back he was so mean and hateful.Who do you tell when you think the miltary is womewhat to blame?!