Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lying about marital status (sociopath)

I was married in April 2010 and the person I married left without warning or notice in June 2010. He has not given me any financial assistance. Right before he left he cashed his last pay check, took the remaining money out of the bank, quit his job and moved to Louisiana (all in one day). He left me pregnant, jobless, and down to my last few dollars and with a 3 year old.
Right now, I just want to be able to move on as quickly as possible but I have very limited resources. He has decided to pretend we never got married and is posting profiles on several dating websites that he is single, has a job (he told me he was homeless and living on the street and that he was fired from his last job), a car (he doesn't even have a license), has only been married once (I am his third wife) and that his children from his first marriage are his only ones (besides the child that I am pregnant with, his has two more children so 5 total).
Does anyone know of where I can get some quick legal help in dissolving this marriage, obtaining my child support, and ensuring that he never is allowed near this child ever???

Re: Lying about marital status (sociopath)

Go to the court house, file for divorce. Depending on your state/county is will cost you about $250 to file the papers. The go to file for sole custody for the unborn baby (is the 3 year old his?) and child support ( I don't know if other states charge for that but I didn't have to pay, my ex had to pay when we went to court because I didn't have a job) Borrow it from a friend/family member.
Sweetie he may be pretending he is not married or not a father but its just that PRETEND. Remember Hide and Seek? He may be able to hide who he is online, to a unsuspecting woman but LEGALLY he will be found. He is responsible for you and your child(ren).

Re: Lying about marital status (sociopath)

I agree, file for divorce & if you can, get legal aid so they will be able to help you get what you deserve for support, in particular for your unborn child.
I married a narcissistic /psychopath who had previous wives who supposedly abused & cheated on him. He was a liar & has a very long history of abuse, lying & cheating, which I had no idea until later.
He didn't pay me a penny of the debt & he's not garnishable.
You would be WISE to file the divorce papers & seek legal aid.
These types do the same thing over & over, they don't ever learn. You are fortunate it sounds like that he is gone & moved far away from you. I know it sounds cruel but I am speaking from experience, very similar situation.
Do everything now in regards to him, through legal system. Will pray for you.