Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not Married Long- but he refuses to pay for house (What to do)

We were married 363 days before he got really mad, threw me out and said it was over. (Still don't know why) I am in PA, which I know is a no fault state.

Since he threw me out, I came home to my parents.

In the mean time, he stole all my identity items/documents. (SS card, birth certificate, medical records, my checking account, our joint account, mortgage papers, my teaching cert and credentials) I could not get a job, and my lawyers told me to wait it out. I eventually had to pay for a new teaching cert and get a duplicate of my SS card. He did give SOME items back.

Then he tells our relator that he refuses to pay for the mortgage unless I relinquish my half of the house.
We bought the house 6 months before we were married. I never could afford the mortgage, cause he was the breadwinner- and he was ALWAYS okay with that. (Esp since I quit my job to move away from him and start a new career-OUR goal-ha)

Now, I have the debt collectors calling me, and I did get a notice about the house saying that it will be going into foreclosure unless it is paid for. (BTW- the notice went to his house, which he then sent to me at my parent's house)

The debt collector told me that I can get my name off the deed, which means no debt, and I don't know what to do cause he wanted me to do that before. SO I don't know if this more his scheme.

Granted, a month later after he threw me out, he moved back home to his parents. And I don't know if he knows about the whole thing that I can get my name off the deed- and that was his whole goal.?? I am concerned cause I have been hearing that the bank/debt collectors can still hold people responsible for house's unpaid bills. Anyone know about that??

And it drives me absolutely nuts cause he is pulling in 2400 a month, I am barely making 200 a week!

Also, we are not on talking terms- and he is not giving up his information regarding our joint wedding money that he has in his mutual funds.

I appreciate any comments or help. I really dispise this situation.

Re: Not Married Long- but he refuses to pay for house (What to do)

Lissa, this is such a mess that possibly nobody knows how to reply. Sorry.

I agree. It's not that none of us care, we are just without a reply. We're great listeners, though

You will need a good lawyer. In my area, there is a women's right center where we can get legal help to get started. See if you have something like that where you live. They should be able to help you out.