Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is happening to the so called "men" in this country?

I realize your comment can be a bit loaded :) however I'm smiling under the circumstances (what I see & my divorce). Yes, women do I think stand up more often in self defense (of self) which is healthy. I think it's likely a man that is not secure in himself cannot & will not tollerate a woman that is strong, especially when he's struggling. Perhaps that's some of it. When the men get to feeling low, if the woman is a strong figure, then there's a tendency to run instead of Grow Up.
I guess I ask myself, "what part of the marriage vows did you not understand," when I think of the ex (who was a control freak narcissistic psychopath btw).

So that brings up an interesting question...how many of us were in a marriage with someone that was going through depressions or for whatever reason feeling down on themselves? It was the case with my stbx. But no matter what I did to try to help him through it (I am a very strong person) he shoved me further and further away. Guess it makes some sense.

Same here, ex had health issues, was depressed from, & no matter what I did or said same thing, would shove me away further.
I figured out though he got more mileage for himself by remaining sick & sympathy which overtook his desire or efforts to be well. Think it had become a lifepattern for him. He finally quit marriage altogether, but again, this is his pattern in life, to quit. (it got very old)

They are gone. My father was a wonderful husband and worshiped the ground my mother walked on. He always made sure we had family night growing up. He provided for his family. I have been married less than 3 years and the guy (soon to divorce) I married has 6 kids that he does not pay child support for and has lived off of me for too long. I am his 4th wife and tired of being his sugar momma. He freaked out and threatened my son (previous marriage) and said it my sons fault our marriage did not work. He calls me awful names, even when I lost my parents within 5 weeks of each other he treated me like crap. I have lost all my friends because they dont like him and the only people he allowed in my life was his family. Read the Bible it does say that men will fall and women will become the providers for the family. Its sad. My favorite joke about men - Men are like parking spaces all of the good ones are taken and the only left are handicap.

Mary that is interesting about the words in the bible. I have never read that. Do you happen to know where it is in there?