Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Love Dare?

I watched fireproof recently. Has anyone ever tried "the love dare" book? and actually completed it?
Did it help?
Do you think it is worth a try?

Thanks!

Re: The Love Dare?

After reading your previous post, yes you should give it a try.
During our first month of marriage we went to church and watched the fireproof movie, I being previously divorced and he losing his wife to death many years ago. There is no way either of us want to lose a spouse due to a divorce.
Seeing this movie was a great way to start and establish the patterns of appreciation and support that every marriage needs. If your parents did ot have the perfect marriage then you need to see this movie for learning what is best to do in a marriage. Has your husband seen the movie, if not hopefully he will because it sounds like you are the one that needs him to take the dare or maybe both of you.
Because you have two little children is there a possibility that you may be experiancing post partem depression? Just a thought, you have been married such a short time to a normal guy with no abuse issues, I would start looking at myself and my attitude to see if there might be some valitity to this.

Re: The Love Dare?

Thanks for your post, that was helpful.

My parents do have a very storng marriage of 30 years and his parents of 40years +

He hasn't seen the movie, but I will get him to watch it (he is actually a firefighter so he might enjoy it!). I did have postpartum depression after my second child was born but I 'think' it has subsided.

After reading a lot of the postings on here about abusive husbands and also about nasty divorce issues, I think I really should be putting my efforts into rebuilding our connection.

Your right we have been married a short time and had two children back to back (I got pregnant on our honeymoon) so it has been busy and stressful.

I'll give the book a solid try. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate you taking the time.

xo