Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Signing the Deed

We are scheduled to see the General Magistrate in 2 weeks. We have come to an agreement that he will provide support for a total of 2 years (we do not have children together) and he will get the house. He purchased to home before we married and added my name to the deed once we were married. I am afraid that if I sign the deed after the divorce is final... He will not provide the support that he has agreed to. I also know that if I do not sign he will also not pay the support. Is there anyway the courts will put in the order that I will sign once the 2 years is over and if he wants me to sign before... he can give me the money in one lump sum? I am aware that if he does not pay I can take him to court for contempt... but I am unemployed and I cannot take the chance of having to wait a long period of time to see a judge.

Re: Signing the Deed

I will be signing a form similar to the one you are describing and hubby is to give me a lump sum and the title to the gas-guzzling vehicle.
See if you can get a lump sum-then you can put some of it up and let it draw a little interest while you live off some of it.