Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hurting to Hurting

Lisa,
I am so sorry to hear that.
Losing a relationship is like going through mourning.
Have you tried counseling?Sometimes a seperation may be in order till both sides have time to think and calm down. But, of course you both must stay true to each other.
I say pray and ask God for guidance about what to do. I divorced my husband after many many years of him showing me in different ways that it was over. I pray that it turns out better for you.
Divorce is terrible to go through. Even after over a year on a day like today it is hard for me.

Re: Hurting to Hurting

Counseling, well he started going about 1 1/2 weeks before he asked for a divorce. I am not sure that he will ever go back. I was only able to have one session before my world was rocked. I had already had another session scheduled when he asked me and he told me he would go with an open mind. Well I am sure that was told to me just to shut me up. We went and he didn't have an open mind and there is no changing his mind. I understand now that changing his mind will not make this better. I am at the stage now I am trying to accept his decision for us and move on.
One of our issues was that he was going out all the time and I was just sitting at home. Once he asked for the divorce he has gone to the extreme and I have only seen him twice since he asked me and we are still living together. The hardest part is knowing that he doesn't even want to be around me. I want this to be a civil transaction and I am working as hard as I know how to continue it this way. It is hard for me to stop acting the way I have (in a naggy and needy way) which is one of the many issues he has with me. I want him to be here and I want to spend time with him because I feel as soon as I move out the next section of our lives will begin and he won't be apart of that.
So to answer your question we had only a few counseling sessions before the request for divorce. I am actually searching for a new counselor because I was not happy at all with the other. I should have an appointment soon. I know I need to continue to see a counselor to help me through this and help me better myself as a person. There are days when I feel strong and I am ready to take the next step and move out. But I know when it comes down to it, I am so scared and the fear is high. I have never lived by myself and that scares me more than anything.