Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I need some help and guidance please

Do you have a nearby university with a law school where you could call to ask this question?
There's a post about 3 down from this with some legal advice/website page, maybe that could be a contact?
Are there are any helper agencies in your town that you could enlist several hours of help that they could attend the court case with you. I'm sure they would charge some sort of fee for their services, but maybe that is option?
Perhaps you can get some sort of waiver because of your situation. Or university with legal dept., might be able to furnish a student to attend as witness. Just some ideas.
It does sound like you are in a bind right now.
If nothing else, maybe your mom could come stay for a visit, & utilize it as a reason to spend some time with her. I know that going to court is stressful and there is so much to do in divorce. I pray that you find a solution that works out!

Re: I need some help and guidance please

I will call and ask around I guess. I will also review the posts below mine. The fee is not a problem, I had enough money to hire a lawyer, but since the divorce is uncontested I did not want to provoke the situation at all. I will do research on all of this. And I'll try to find out about the helper agency and even a law student. I was just wondering, because I did not know how someone could be a witness to the facts of the case. My boss knows the facts, but technically he does not have proof. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.