Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I need some advice

I have to agree with the other posts. Talk to him. Tell him how you feel and see what is going on in his mind. Maybe he is feeling the same way, and afraid to say it so he himself is pulling away.
I did try to talk to my ex, he didn't want to listen. I got tired of his "there's nothing wrong with us" attitude and quit talking. That is when the love began to fade. I quit trying (after years of being dismissed) to make him see that I was unhappy. I focused on me, my health and my children. He focused on going out and having a good time.
I hope you look at every angle you can. Divorce SUCKS but in my case and in most of the cases of the women here it has been the only way to save ourselves. Some mentally. Some physically.

Thank you all for your responses. I have told him in the past how I have felt and we both have said we are going to try to change things, but neither of us do. I have tried to separate in the past, but he will come to me crying and say he wants to work on things. We never do, needless to say, then I feel bad and don't do anything about it. My biggest fear is hurting him. I don't like to hurt people, but at the same time I think I'm hurting myself. He is a great guy and would do anything for me, I just feel I'm bored and we don't share any of the same interests. Have any of you had this feeling before?

Without God in a marriage almost noone would ever make it because almost everyone sooner or later gets bored and does not get their needs met. Only God can give us unconditional love and commitment for each other (the kind of love most mothers have for their children). On some level your husband must sense you are not 100% committed to the marriage. This uncertainty will keep him from totally devoting himself to you even if he is not aware of it. Love and attraction can return to a dead marriage but only if both partners are willing to work at it. Going to church together, pastoral and marriage counseling, marriage self help books, and marriage renewal weekends can all be tools to bring about needed change. Think really hard about giving up a good man; aren't too many of them out there. I hope things improve for you.