Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need some help

I was separated from my husband a few times, now divorced. I wonder if it is that you are not divorced yet. Divorce provides closure whereas separation, there are still openended feelings.
Maybe you meant divorced, you mentioned separated..

I think it probably feels different when we hear it for real rather than think about the possibility of.
I know in my mind, I expect the ex to marry again, it's what he does, marry, divorce, etc.
He will likely continue doing the same thing & yet learn nothing.
If was a difficult marriage, be glad it's not you!
I sure wouldn't want my ex back. Remember too, people are not replaceable, he cannot, "replace," you!
Hold your head high & keep being proud of who you are & your progress!!!
Remember the confusion is gone out of your life. That's a biggy!

There's someone that is wanting to date me. I really am not wanting to date. I'm at peace overall with my life. I told him this, that I am not really up to it, but he's not taking no for answer.
it is really bothering me.
I think when we find that peace again, it is precious.
Of course it's not what we wanted, we want the marriage to work, however having our world back on track, moving forward is so worth the daily efforts.
What I keep saying over & over to myself is that as long as I allow myself to FEEL the emotions I am ok & healing.
Maybe allow yourself to feel all of your anger/upset etc., but also separate yourself from the situation, stay in your reality, count your blessings, remember how far you've come.
One reason I am not wanting to date again & would not take ex back,is I am frankly very happy right now. I need to do lots more work to heal, but being OK without someone is something many of our ex's are not able to do.
Maybe celebrate YOUR happiness with steak dinner.

Freedom Fighter, I, too, can imagine I will be angry when my stbx finds another woman. For me it will be the idea that he couldn't treat me with respect or give me the things I deserved (love and such) but he's willing to give it to someone else. Also there is the financial factor. If all he can afford is minimal child support for his children, how is he going to support another family? My very wise father keeps telling me "Old habits die hard, if they die at all." Your ex will run this woman and her family through the same thing you and your children went through. I'm sorry I have no advice for how to get over this, but I am certain your emotions are normal. The steak dinner is a good place to start. Hugs.

I can understand how you feel. What you are going thru is one of the reasons why I stayed in my marriage. I did not want another woman to get what I worked so hard for and get what is mine and have the love and respect that I wanted every single day. I have not started the divoce process yet because my husband is still in his stage of I am in a bad mood and will go back to my old self. Every now and then he gets a hint and becomes angry that I am doing this. He still refuses to look at this as his fault. I know that if I were in your shoes I would be feeling the same way that you are feeling. I would be angry that he can find someone else so soon and have a family so soon with out giving an ounce of a thought about how I would feel. Well I think that he does not care how you feel about it and perhaps he is looking for a reaction from you. He may be the type that can not be alone and will take who ever he can to have anyone with him. It sounds like you were his first victim and his new girl friends will be his second victim. You have to live life for you now. When you see them together happy and laughing , in the same car and house.. That is what you see on the outside and it may be diffrent on the inside. Sure they will be happy for awhile but sooner than later you will get used to it and you wont even relize it and you will also go on with another someone else. Someone that will love you the way you wanted years ago and respect you in way that you did not even think was possible. You will have that happy feeling and smile.. that feeling is what you look forward to. I wish you luck and I know you will get through this. Look how far you have come sofar . Look where you started out at and where you are now. You may not feel like you are at the top right now but I know that you are no longer at rock bottom.