Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My ex the jerk.....UGH!!!

yep I am so tired of it. I took him to court for the move, I was just expected to be okay with him taking my kids to another state not knowing where he was. I can't move to the next house ( there is a county line between the houses) because the kids would have to switch schools..it is very unfair but I guess I have to just 'take it like a man" lol

Wow I am again amazed at the legal stuff over there. I have moved and my solicitor told me I didnt have to inform my ex, the police advised against informing him too. The school know and will not inform him. I never know where he is, why the heck should he know where I am??? And of course I cant afford £200 for new windows very often.
If i have an emergency I will phone him. If there is an emergency at school they can phone either of us. And if it honestly came down to it he could call his parents or sister who have my number (and wont give it to him) and they could contact me. Remember life before mobiles?

Anyway Lisa, congratulations to your son, how pleased are you!!!

Seems to me your ex may have a shot of guilty conscience and puts the boot into you for his own lack. Cant you ask his solicitor to tell him to contact the school and have them send any paperwork out to him?

Someone is taking the mick, Id be stomping my feet and telling him if he wants to know so bad then he can find out himself.

Good grief!

And I am amazed that your ex can move where he wants but you cant? So in order to preserve fathers rights they step all over the mothers?
Crazy. I'm mad on your behalf. Sending calming thoughts your way.....(not got many but the ones I have you can share

Hey, somebody's gotta 'Man Up'.

Right ?! LOL

I agree with this! "Yes, everything falls on our shoulders." That's my experience.
I am sure it can be & is at times a reverse situation but oh my how many of these stories I have heard where we are just dumped with everything on our laps.
I have nothing against men here, but in my own experience ex, didn't give a ........ what happened, to me, financially, physically, nothing.. he was concerned about starting a new life & deleting the old/cookies, history & cache. lol
SO I have done nothing but spend most of my time post divorce cleaning up one mess after another (thanks to his leaving me with EVERYTHING to deal with).
Frankly, the ONLY one I truely trust right now is JESUS.
Hey, I wonder in the bible how many times the word HATE is used? When God Says that HE HATES DIVORCE.
I'll have to look it up. It is so very hard coming back from this devastation.

Please go to www.watch4bertandlilli.com. It is a new website that wants stories like yours, but we especially want your suggestions as to how you would like to see changes made. Go by your personal experiences. Talk about laws/lawyers, spousal support, adultery, etc. Anything at all that is pertinant to you. We need to know how to make things better and how to enpower women. We need your help and suggestions to make the future better.
www.watch4bertandlilli.com

Abbey, thanks girl. I think I would rather live over there but the sounds of it..but could you imagine how hard a time I would have just getting there when I can't even move down the road, lol. I NEVER in a million years thought my ex would be rotten. Okay so maybe the years of cheating, lying, lying to cover the lying and cheating should have given me a clue but really this has taken me for a tailspin.
Lilli, it sickens me the way my ex has treated me and the way the legal system has FAILED me. I had this misguided idea that the courts were there for the VICTIM not the GUILTY...I guess I should have learned that when my friend was beaten with a ball bat, had her throat slit and her killers took the one thing left for us to morn...they burned her body and STILL the DA had to prove that she suffered in order to get life without parole. The legal system is a JOKE, IMO.
My ex was selfish enough to try and shoot himself while HIS children were upstairs in their bed and he gets to do what ever he pleases (now he wants ME to provide him with information about MY boys??!!) Me, well I left a relationship that went from bad to worse and then hit deadly ( his threats to kill me) and I get punished. Told my some woman ( the judge) that I am being silly and digging up old issues, I would love to see how she would feel if she was in my shoes, or in the shoes of any other woman here that has been jaded by a judge who is uncaring and inhuman.
As you can see I am having one of those hard to find the silver lining days.........