Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trying hard to cope

Hi my name is Paula,
My husband left two years ago,three days before Christmas. After years of mental abuse to me and my children, but he was also a substance abuser.My business was owned in part by his father who is a millionare, who shut me down.I just lost it mentaly.And my children were crushed.He would'nt help pay bills till I could get it together so we lost our home even our personal belongings.I went to dhs for help because I could'nt afford a place to live for my son and I.He talked to them I never recieved any help, my son had to live with his nana when we needed to be together.My sister paid the fees to start the divorce,somone informed him even though I was careful because I didn't know he would react.He called my children and his family read it to them told them I was a drug addict ad been mean to him for years.Even though they know better he has such a dominating personality he can be so convincing that he can make you doubt. My lawer dropped my case saying I hadn't been in touch which was a lie, but what could I do?I did get a job but at 7.50 an hour I struggle to pay my bills.Its been so hard, he ruined me finacialy so that its hard to get a job or even rent a place to live. My children spent thanksgiving with him and his girlfriend,I'm a strong person but that one was a slap in the face that I'm still reeling from.I feel like he still controls me even though I haven't seen him in over a year when I tried to talk him about our daughter and he said I nothing to say to you

Re: trying hard to cope

Paula, you can do your own divorce if need be, go to county court site online to find out how.
Divorce is very devastating. I was writing on another thread though I am at peace with myself & my life, it has been more trauma than I have ever endured in a year's time for sure! "What doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger.." Well seems to apply in this.
So are you planning to file the divorce or where does all of that stand?
It helps to have definition in life, meaning closure, to move ahead & that may mean not remarrying for some but just the closure helps!
praying that there is defintion for you so a new direction (forward), whatever that means for you!

Re: trying hard to cope

I am very sorry to hear your story. Paula, now it is definitely that you are on your own. Get some help and support from your family and friends if possible and start planning your future. Try to organize the best you can and slowly, slowly if you are strong as you said, you will find the way out. I wish you all the luck.