Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Feeling like its never going to go away

I feel the same way. If you are still on this site, please reply so I will know and perhaps we can chat. I am sorry for your pain. diane

Re: Feeling like its never going to go away

Jo,
It is a very positive step to reach out to others and engage in productive activities such as cleaning the yard despite the depression you are feeling. It has been my experience this past year that the divorce healing process ebbs & flows. Some days I feel ok & am very productive & other days I just lay around doing absolutely nothing other then sleeping. I also have 2 dogs & they are the highlight of my day. I sometimes feel guilty that they get less then the attention they deserve on my bad days. I feel like my life consists of 2 steps forward & on occasion 1 step backward, which many months ago was the opposite ie 1 step forward & 2 steps backward. Allow yourself the good & the sad moments until the 2 steps forward turn in to 3 etc. Don't be hard on yourself. Give yourself & your 2 dogs a hug. You are doing the best that you can at any given moment & that is something to be proud of.