Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What the ****?!

sorry I have a full house with family during the holidays. I have been wanting to check this forum but haven't had a chance, been wondering how you are. I can't understand why he would get to file your kids at the end of the year. I have custody and I file. If This was discussed already sorry didn't read the other reply s. I think if you have joint custody maybe I guess, not really sure. I don't the system sucks!! that's for sure. When I was seperated with my ex husband I had a few encounter where their was no justice. I felt just like you. Hope all is well

Re: What the ****?!

He makes more than me so the judge gave him the tax credit? I don't understand it just because more can be made by him claiming I could still use the lesser amount and really why should he get it? I refuse to sign the paper. IRS told me that I don't have to. I had already talked to them before the hearing I explained everything told them that my ex makes more than me. The IRS lady told me that courts think they have the upper hand but if he and I were to both file, no money would be given out until they ( IRS) determine who has the "right" to claim them. Since the kids live with me, I pay for half of their living I get to claim them legally, AS long as I DON"T sign any papers.