Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: seriously upset and angry

Angela I think we are in the same place, men tend to think they know what is best for all of us. The flea left for another woman too. He had affairs and I was always there to fix whatever went wrong after the affairs ended. I was there to be the faithful wife with kids and happy, no matter it wasn't that way. Now that he is living with big foot he comes and throws tantrums at my house because he can't get what he wants from.

With everything he has done to me, I thought he would take all his paper work and change everything. He has several life insurances and his health insurance and a lot of stuff that I did not know about. I am still the beneficiary of everything, he has not changed anything to any one. I am of course shocked and at an awwww. Why does this man still want me to be his beneficiary if he can't stand me? Why do still have bank accounts under both our names? He no longer wants to be with me, but apparently he doesn't want me out of his life either? I don't question things anymore. I just let him do what he wants. If anything should happen to him, at least I know my kids will be protected tomorrow. I see it that way. One thing I would say don't move stay close to your family and stay close to where you can have support. If you have access to his money look at it as you can actually take care of your kids without his input.

Re: seriously upset and angry

My attorney had it written into our divorce agreement that X amount of life insurance is to be kept to care for the children in the event of the death of one of us. So while my kids are technically the beneficiary, he would have power of attorney if they are minors. Don't know that I like that, but really does it matter? The money is for the benefit of the kids so he needs to have access to it. Jerk, on the other hand, will list his dad as power of attorney. Really? It's just an additional step everytime I would need something for your kids. Pain. But whatever...