Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
He says he wants a divorce

I am 56 and he is 65, been married for 6 years and together for almost 9. Since 2005 we have gone through over 500,000. His Grandmother died in 2005 and left him the house and almost 300,000 in cash. In Less than 2 years we went through that. I am saying we, cause I had no backbone and didn't say NO. He smoked 1 oz of pot, 300.00 2 cartons of cig, 130.00 fastfood lunch 7 days aweek at 10.00 a day. This is for one week. That doesn't include his choc donuts, powdered sugar donuts, mounds, 3 muscketeers. Breakfast and dinner. I sold my house, put the money in to our joint finances, retired from my job at his insistence. He finally put my name on this house, which in a downturn economy won't bring in much money. We are broke! I have been looking for a job, just to keep us in food. our PGE bill is 900.00 a month cause he refused to get rid of our 1920 heater and our 1950 AC unit. He refused to change our single pane windows. I have no where to go! He has kids that he can live with. I have dogs, big dogs. I threatened him tonight to call 911 on him. He was in my face calling me names and telling me he prays that I die. I am so tired! the other night he was sitting on the edge of our bed in the guest room screaming at me at 2 am. There is so much more to this story, I just don't know where to stop it at.

Re: He says he wants a divorce

Susan,

I am sorry to hear all of what you are going through, some men can be so heartless and cruel. Hang in there and know you are in my prayers. I have gone through some really tough times throughout my past divorce and even though it hurts you now... being free of him may be the best thing that could ever happen to you...It is just so hard and scary facing all the headaches of having a selfish husband and going through a divorce with them. Coming to this forum helped me a lot. Talking to family and friends helped to put things in perspective and putting my trust in Christ instead of my husband anymore pulled me through the storm. Know that we are all a keyboard away if you need to talk.

From, Another Susan who has been there.