Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divorced and was engaged until last month

I'm divorced with 2 kids (3 and 7 yrs old) and up until last month I was engaged one more time and thought I got a second chance to find a partner in life. Well, I was wrong....one day after a really heated discussion about general stuff: money, responsibilities and kids (not his) he packed all his stuff and left the house, obviously, he took the ring...
Main outcome of discussion: I have no time for him! Well, I work full time, have kids and a house. I should say that he didn’t help me with the kids (other than playing with them here and there).
Like every mom out there, at night, I was tired and exhausted but then...oh no! it was his turn, he wanted attention, a lot, I tried and I gave him as much as I could but I guess it wasn’t enough. I can’t do that every day! He always felt that he was giving more than what he was receiving and he was at the bottom of my list (of course my kids will always be first!).
Everything changed after we moved in together to give it try and I’m so glad we did (we were planning on getting married in November) I could’ve not been able to handle another divorce.
He has not called or tried to contact me since he left.
I hoping the kids will be ok, they liked him a lot.
And me? What can I say, in shock but thankful…I will survive, nothing that I haven’t lived before.

Re: Divorced and was engaged until last month

I am sorry you are having one of those days, but maybe it was not to be. You never know, he might just be thinking how good he had with you and will be back soon. Hang in there.

Re: Divorced and was engaged until last month

Thank You for those words. I don't think I want him back. He has not called or even txt to see how the kids are doing, he told me he loved them, I can see clearly how much he did...and you're right, I don't think it was meant to be.