Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Child Support/Maintenance

My stbx decided he was p***** so there would be no child support, no maintenance, nothing. October went by, November went by, and December came. I was then facing the possibility of foreclosure on the home since I paid neither the 1st or 2nd mortgages during this time. My attorney also filed a motion-and set a court date. The Monday before the Thursday court date his attorney was very willing to cooperate. Stbx was, too. No doubt he didn't want to go in front of a judge. So he paid the October and November 1st and 2nd mortgages and beginning in December he is paying 40% of both of those even though I am still in the home. He is also paying child support. We didn't go back to collect back child support because I knew he didn't have it so it was better to take this and move on. Home is no longer in default, but my credit it shot. He has made it impossible for me to dig out from this one. The home hasn't been our only issue.

I had discharged my first attorney because he didn't return phone calls. This is your life you are talking about...make sure you're well represented. Good luck.