Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OH Lordy - He Ticks Me Off !!!

Ya know, Emma1865, I have thought so many times that divorce wouldn't be so bad if I weren't dealing with the issues of the children. On the other hand, some days that's the same thing that keeps me going. He left me in a horrible financial situation, so some days those issues are very depressing for me. By the time Jerk left I had grown tired of his lies, of carrying the burden of the family, of his selfishness. It took me very little time to get over him-a week or 2? I still grieve my dream of what it SHOULD have been, and with parts of this process that becomes challenging for me-like the sale or our acreage. My kids are 8 and 12. My 12 year old understands more than the 8 year old and asks much harder questions, so I'm sure you do have many additional challenges with the children in that age bracket. The kinds of trouble kids of that age can get into is concerning as well. The man I divorced is definitely not the man I married. I am more than happy to divorce this man and have him gone. However, I cherrish my children and would do it all over again to have them-I'd have booted him out after the 2nd was born, that's all. So something good did come out of our marriage. Hang in there. Thinking of you.

Yup, I love how they go off and have their affairs, start searching us for any faults they can find to blame it on, then tell everyone how it was all mutual and come up with a bunch of reasons why our marriages were heading this way when they never expressed any of these reasons to us or anyone else before this....
I tried to work it out with my ex as well a number of times, but I found he only came back for selfish reasons....
1. To show everyone he gave it the Ol' college try.
2. To make it look like he cared what happened to us.
3. To take more things out of the house
4. To gather any more info or documents he could find
5. And last but not least to try and erase any leftover guilt he may have felt for what he had done.

These men are fools and the other women are just as blind as we were not to see this... In my book, she can have him, they both deserve each other.

Susan I'm moving on......

I love how they go off and have their affairs, start searching us for any faults they can find to blame it on, then tell everyone how it was all mutual and come up with a bunch of reasons why our marriages were heading this way when they never expressed any of these reasons to us or anyone else before this....

Susan, did we divorce the same jerk? This is exactly what WK did! He's now "retconning" our entire past to paint me as the villain who "ran around" on him (I never even looked at anybody else in 18 years, while he, as it turns out, had affair after affair). And the Beast is doing the same, re-writing her entire personal history to match better with his...

Amen!!! An affair is NEVER OK!!!, cowardly & speaks volumes about scruples. My husband"s girlfriend supports the saying Karma on her facebook(I know I shouldn't be looking up his FB!). If she only knew that if she believes in Karma, her Boyfriend is Screwed!!!!!