Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How long does it take for the EX to move on

It is strange but it seems with a lot of men the more you want them, they don't want anything to do with you....but when you don't want anything to do with them they can't stand it.
For instance ,when i want my ex to come back to me ,he can't get away from me fast enough but when i am doing ok and ready to move on with my life he does everything in his power to keep me on a "string".
I have notice that it is the same way with a lot of other men. i don't understand it

I think it's a control thing. This is one way they have some control of our lives. Finding ways to disarm them is the key-but not always easy. Some days strength is easier to come by than other days. Hang in their, Friends.

I had been doing well during the week, as long as I avoided him. He would ask the kids for me, but the kids would just make excuses for me. Then on Friday the big mistake I made was answering the phone and he just went at me. Calling me names and then wanting me to help him. Taxes for him will be the worse for the first time in his life. I don't understand a couple of months ago all he wanted was for me to get his money and leave him alone, and now that all I want to his money, he won't leave me alone I really can't stand it. I feel like I am on a roller coaster and I just can't get off. Now he wants to be call my son 24/7 no matter what my son is doing. He can't stand that I won't answer his calls, but when he has my son I am not allow to call or talk to my son. GRRRRRRRRRR does this ever get easier???? All I want to live my life for him to leave me alone. I feel like I am going crazy.......

Ctwc, that whole idea of control comes up again. You can't call your son when he's there, but ex can call anytime he likes when son is with you. What the heck? I've seen on other posts where there is a call schedule. Would something like that help you? The other night I heard my son's cell phone ring. He didn't answer it, just kept doing whatever he was doing. Later I checked to see who had called (I do that now and again...like to know who he's talking to) and it was his dad. His dad has his own ring tone, so my son knew very well who was calling. He never returned that phone call. He hadn't talked to his dad for 4 days. I think that's my son's little way of "getting back" at him when he doesn't "have" time for the kids. When my son is with his dad, I usually hear from him several times. Often he's whispering so I know his dad doesn't know he's calling me. YOu know what? You don't have to answer his calls. EVER! Unless it involves your kids you don't have to discuss it with him. Me...I'd probably "let" him file his own taxes JUST TO BE A JERK! I'd sneak off, file my own, and say "Oh, so sorry. I've already done mine. Oops." Yeah, says a lot for my character, doesn't it?

Becky, I'm with you. It is all about control.

Susan

I agree with Becky about it being control. My ex is all over me about taxes. We went to court and I lost (I feel that the judge on my case is a woman hater, I never even get a chance to speak before he cuts me off, jack ass) but yet I am refusing to sign the papers when he wants me to...I do after all have until April 15 to do anything
Control can always be switched. My ex may bet to claim teh kids but I control when he gets to file his taxes

Becky, I was supposed to file jointly with WK last year. Instead, he sneaked off to a tax preparer, in violation of our court papers, and filed head of household. This is where getting it in writing comes in very handy.

However! Three days ago, he got his tax return and called me, secretly, to meet him at his boss's office. He handed me an envelope, apologized profusely for "screwing me over" last year, and kissed me on the cheek(!) . There was $200 in the envelope!!!!! I just looked at him like he'd grown a third head and said, 'What the he11 am I going to do with this?!' He asked what I meant, still looking infernally pleased with himself, and I told him, 'You do realize that this is less than 10% of what you deprived me of, right?' He said, 'At least it's something!' Couldn't argue with that logic, so I took the envelope...then took him by surprise, and planted one on him. Not because I wanted him to see what he's missing, but because I could. His eyes crossed.