Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How long does it take for the EX to move on

I agree with Becky about it being control. My ex is all over me about taxes. We went to court and I lost (I feel that the judge on my case is a woman hater, I never even get a chance to speak before he cuts me off, jack ass) but yet I am refusing to sign the papers when he wants me to...I do after all have until April 15 to do anything
Control can always be switched. My ex may bet to claim teh kids but I control when he gets to file his taxes

Re: How long does it take for the EX to move on

Becky, I was supposed to file jointly with WK last year. Instead, he sneaked off to a tax preparer, in violation of our court papers, and filed head of household. This is where getting it in writing comes in very handy.

However! Three days ago, he got his tax return and called me, secretly, to meet him at his boss's office. He handed me an envelope, apologized profusely for "screwing me over" last year, and kissed me on the cheek(!) . There was $200 in the envelope!!!!! I just looked at him like he'd grown a third head and said, 'What the he11 am I going to do with this?!' He asked what I meant, still looking infernally pleased with himself, and I told him, 'You do realize that this is less than 10% of what you deprived me of, right?' He said, 'At least it's something!' Couldn't argue with that logic, so I took the envelope...then took him by surprise, and planted one on him. Not because I wanted him to see what he's missing, but because I could. His eyes crossed.