Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: feel like ....

Once trust has been lost can it ever be FULLY reovered? I can think back to a few white lies I caught Jerk in early on, and I don't think I ever FULLY trusted him after that. I didn't realize that at the time, but looking back when he spoke I always wondered...

Re: feel like ....

Becky, I think there are some cases where someone can change or we would have a world full of liars, but I think the betrayer really has to have a true change of heart and really put their all into breaking the habit of lies and betrayals. I have seen people change, but I have also seen people like my ex who say they want to change, but never really do because deep down they are content in lying to get what they want. My ex never really tried to make things work when he asked to come back. I think the deeper someone falls into lying, the harder if ever that they can pull themselves out. In the Bible God says he hates lies and that the devil is the father of liars. God knows how lies can spread and destroy lives, marriages, families etc like a in-festive disease. Lies grow, spread and destroy and also becomes habitual.

Susan