Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finding the humor in one of those days

You know, sometimes I could swear someone "up there" is having a good giggle at my expense, I know how you feel! Hopefully you can get a good rest this weekend with the kids gone, pamper yourself!

I've actually gone through times when every day was "one of those days". And I mean to the extreme, I was in disbelief. So I decided I was being tested. Would I give up? Would I lose faith? I decided to hold tight and know that all would be OK. When stuff like that happened, I would say haha, funny, whoever is doing that! Hilarious thing is one day I got to work and I was straightening my sweater and realized it was on inside out! I felt silly and flipped it around. When I got home, I realized my top was on inside out, too! So I was laughing at myself, I needed it. After that day, things turned around and became normal again with just typical daily irritants, not this month long stretch of insanity! Later I was talking to my parents and told them the story and my mom said when she was growing up she was told to wear clothes inside out to turn your life around! How funny is that!!

Anyway, not too long ago, my life REALLY began turning around (and yes, my clothes were on the right way!). Everything good was just coming at me. Everything bad was leaving! It was amazing! I was at my breaking point and I felt like because I kept my faith, I am released from the torment. But I have still been having a hard time. Even today I asked God to help me. I remembered a "sign" I had asked for. It didn't happen, something similar did, so I thought, well, maybe that was close enough. Then, about a half hour later, the EXACT "sign" I had asked for came!! I literally felt like I am not alone, someone really IS watching and listening and caring and even though I get teased a lot, ultimately things things happen to teach us, and, as you are feeling, to make us lighten up a bit!

So I am glad you are having the attitude of finding the humor in days like today! Keep your faith, you will be OK. Things WILL turn around. My childhood was not good. My adulthood was not good. I was suicidal in my early 20's. But since I started having faith, not just in a higher power, but in MYSELF, things are really starting to change. I am almost 40 and this is the first time in my whole life I have truly felt good things are coming. It is kind of scary, now I feel I need to work harder on becoming a better person, I am being given a second chance and if I blow it, I will ONLY have myself to blame because all is being set up for me to succeed. I won't be able to blame any person or situation. I get waves of self-doubt, but I keep telling myself if given a good opportunity, take it, things will take care of themselves. If someone "up there" has faith in me, well, I had better have faith in myself, too!

Sorry, rambled on quite a bit there! Keep your sense of humor, keep your faith, and I hope you feel better soon!!

Re: Finding the humor in one of those days

That is how it seems to go isn't it? Last time I called off work because I was running a fever of 103 miserable, didn't even bother to shower or brush my teeth and CYS shows up UGH. What a day that was lol
Hope your at least feeling better