Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
SPOKE TOO SOON

Well, Lisa, I guess I spoke too soon. I'm guessing he talked to his dad who told him what a rotten deal he is getting so he came back to me today and told me he DID want the portion of my retirement he is ENTITLED to. He's pretty hung up on that word 'entitled'. He went on about what he's getting stuck with. Since I'm filing bankruptcy (which is so against my principles) he is having to take all joint debt. Hey, it was him that couldn't save for anything, that had to use those D*** cards in the first place. So I don't feel one bit bad about that. He asked, "I think that's only fair, don't you?" I told him there was no part of this that was fair. Then I said, "Tell me what you can sleep with. That's what I'll tell my attorney." It's a small enough portion that it's probably not that big of a deal, but the principle of the thing is. I'm still best off to try to work with him when possible. If I go after him he'll get nasty, and right now is not fighting for any custody. I'm sure he won't like the visitation we have outlined, but I'll let his attorney change it if they need to. Hey, he's the one anxious to be done. No need to hurry here. Loser.

Re: SPOKE TOO SOON

What a jerk! =( Guessing his dad didn't like you, huh? Jerk-in-LAW! x 2!

Funny thing is we got along OK most of the time. His Dad is just a control freak, and I'm too much of a woman for him. I refused to jump when he said jump and he didn't like that very much.

That's why my Mother in law hated me. Everyone in the family caters to her every want. Not me I do things my way. She never liked that I didn't need her to take care of us.
Well Becky I guess he needs that money to help with his non drinking problem. What a Jerk