Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advise

Okay. My divorce was final Jan 6th of this year. My ex-husband and I were living together until Feb 1. During the time he lived with me in Dec he told me he had feelings for me again but was going to continue with the procedures. Then Jan 24 I had to go on a business trip and he kissed me and said he loved me. But on Feb 1 when he moved out he changed. I was no longer needed. I agreed (right or wrong I have heard both sides) that he can move in the same complex as me and the only unit avaiable was 2 doors down. We did this for our children and Ihad to promise not to freak out if I see a car over there. Well I did not think that I would immediatley see a car and I course I made an idoit of myself. Now he is very mad at me (which he has that right). The big problem is I did not want the divorce and still love him. How can I handle seeing women come and go?

Re: Advise

Terra, I couldn't handle living that close to my stbx. Jerk lives 2 miles from me-we live in the country so at 2 miles we are neighbors. He liked this plan because it would be 'best for the kids.' There are perks and if he were a dedicated father perhaps it would be different, but I don't think he spends any time with him now he wouldn't, or couldn't, spend with them WHEN I move further away. Whether he CHOOSES to make the effort to spend that time with his kids, that's another story. If you are in emotional termoil, is that best for the kids? And how do the kids feel about seeing that car over there? Best luck to you.