Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What have you done for YOU?

Apparently not much....I intended to have date night with my fiance while my son was on visitation yesterday, and from my previous post you can see how well that ended up....(we had to leave the restraunt and cancel our order)...

But we are making up for it tonight...I bought him a ribeye that weighs 16 oz...and he's happy....

Well, I've been divorced for a while and my refrigerator finally broke to the point that it wasn't worth paying what needed to be fixed. I always hated that it was chrome because I was forever wiping fingerprints off it. My kitchen is a light wood with black and chrome appliances. I always wanted my refrigerator to be black but my ex said black would be to dark....In my marriage my ex would ask my opinion for things, but then when we went out to get something we always got what he wanted...it was just easier not to argue with him at times.

Well Guess what! I bought my black refrigerator and everyone that visits comments on how great it looks in the kitchen. I Love having the freedom to make all the choices of things for inside or outside "MY" home now. I was blind to let my ex dictate our life so much (mostly because I loved him and wanted to make him happy), but this is the first time I have been on my own in my entire life and it is nice to run the show.

I have a little pillow (another gift to myself) I found that states..."It's good to be the Queen." My ex always thought of himself as the King and I felt more like the court servant than a queen. I finally have a kingdom I can call my own (Who said there is no such thing as fairytales?). It's never to late to find a little happiness after a storm.

Susan ...

I went had a facial on Saturday. I haven't had one in years and felt great to just pamper myself. It was hour long and affordable which was really an added benefit.

It is so new to me to just take care of myself. I have always been focused on him or other family members - always putting them & their needs first. It is difficult and weird at the same time. I am trying to put my energy into me and what makes me happy. I am not quite sure what that really is but, I plan to figure it out.

I think your post was a great idea Becky! Instead of focusing on the ex or stbx but putting it on us. Thanks!!

Today, I went to the local Borders and bought myself two books -- TWO books!! It's been years since I had any brand-new books, and since I made President's List at school last term, I thought I would treat myself for a change. And they have absolutely nothing to do with school....

I had a new staircase put in my house. It was never finished when the house was built 10 years ago. OHHH it is so beautiful and I finished it myself. Happy V. Day To Me! The gift that will keep on giving.

Well this weekend I am going on a HUGE shopping spree. There is a hand bag I am dying to get, it's gonna cost me about 2 weeks pay but in the words of my kids "I waaaannnntttt itttt"

Hehe. I thought the words of the kids were, "I've just GOT to have it! Everyone else has one."

Well I GOT to have this bag Okay so maybe not but I really, really, really want it..does that count for anything/

You know, over the summer I bought windchimes that were $75. I looked at them for 3 years. I decided, he spends more than that on drugs/alcohol in one night, why am I hesitating? And I LOVE them! (and yes, I NEEDED them and just HAD to have them and now I am happy

Well, the other day I ate a whole bag of jelly bellies, 2 bags of chex mix & 6 whoopie pies in one sitting while laying in bed all day doing absolutely nothing!

I treated myself to a very expensive but beautiful bunch of flowers. I have always loved flowers and have not had more than one bunch bought for me from my stbx in the last 21 years! He knew how much I loved flowers and always justified not buying them for me because they will die!! Well I did and I look at them and it makes me smile. Good idea ladies, Happy Valentines Day to everyone on this site, we are loved more than we know it!!