Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Manless, but not Hopeless.

Three weeks ago today, my husband went to work as usual except on this particle day he never returned home. Our 11 year old daughter and I were duly informed, later that night via a text message, that he had moved out and wasn't coming back because he had needed some "alone time", his words not mine. Now, I understand there was pressure on him concerning work, but come on, to walk out on your family, like a thief in the night speaks volumes about a person.

I then went thru a rampant series of emotions, that quite frankly, I shouldn't have. I never forsook my family for a three week, gout inducing drug binge, I never walked out like a coward. But I stuck it out, bit down hard and with my head up and boobs out, I moved forward because I had to, for myself, my dignity and my 11 year daughter. Sure there were times when I did the weeping and the wailing thing, but not anymore.

You want to know why? It just dawned on me today, that I'm FREE, FREE, FREE!! I can now have a life with meaning and purpose, and that, my dear ladies is more dear to me than the tainted love of yesterday.
BE BOLD, BE BRAVE, we can all have a new life worth living, so lets get out there and get busy, I am.

Manless but not hopeless

Re: Manless, but not Hopeless.

AMEN!

Susan

Thank You! I needed that pep talk!

My ex will never ever accept responsibility for what he did. That just tears me apart inside. I have to focus on the future, when I can finally find my own place to live and move on and out!

Is there a song I can sing when the time comes? Right now I'm looking for my own place with the crappy settlement he was willing to part with. The only reason I accepted such a small amount is because he threatened my daughter and was violent to me.

I'm so da__ angry. I have to focus on being FREE FREE FREE

JustMe, I tend to sing 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' from 'Life of Brian'....

Your most welcome @Justme, I know its all smoke and mirrors when it comes to putting on a brave public face for "He-Man", but I'd rather show some real grit than to wallow in pity, just for his amusement.

Humour helps mend a torn and bloody heart, but a backbone of steel gives us the courage to face another day. Stay strong, I am and so can you.

Ps, Does the song by Dennis Leary "Your an A**hole" count in this case?

Kiwifruit

But I stuck it out, bit down hard and with my head up and boobs out,

I almost peed my pants when I read this line. Good for you girl!

Humour is my coping mechanism, and @Lisa H, I'm glad we've had a giggle at someone else's expense, rather that than wailing into a glass of Merlot.

I laugh everyday. Humor is my best friend.

You go girl! I love your attitude and I am looking forward to more of your pep talks.